150 TOP MOST CIVIL ENGINEERING Interview Questions and Answers
CIVIL ENGINEERING Interview Questions and Answers
1. What are the causes of building collapse?
2. What are the applications of modulus of elasticity?
3. What is the difference between routing maintenance and major maintenance in school facilities?
4. How are freeway bridges built?
5. What is the difference between absorption & adsorption and sorption?
6. How do you measure concrete?
7. Which is stronger solid steel rod or hollow steel pipe?
8. What is the tallest man made structure in the world?
9. What are the uses of alloys in daily life and how are alloys made?
10. What is the worlds largest concrete dam?
11. What is braced excavation all about?
12. What is the meaning of soil reinforcement?
13. What is aggregate?
14. What year was the keystone power plant in Indiana County constructed?
15. What is the force exerted by the Tacoma narrows bridge?
16. How do you calculate the power of a centrifugal pump?
17. Why nautical mile is different from statute mile?
18. What is rigging?
19. What is absolute pressure?
20. How do we calculate absolute pressure?
21. What is Gravity flow?
22. What is horizon or horizontal mining?
23. What is the difference between engineering stress and true stress?
24. What is a kip?
25. What are some structures that may be subjected to fatigue?
26. Will going from a 3-tap to 6-tap increase water pressure?
27. Why does the pressure increase under soil?
28. What is the distance between railway tracks?
29. How high should the water tank be to provide a 60 PSI at base of this water tower?
30. What are the reasons for geotechnical site investigations in Uganda?
31. What do you mean by honeycomb in concrete?
32. What is the purpose of the gap in the road on this bridge?
33. What is the tensile strength of wood?
34. How many Lbs are there in a yard?
35. What is a projection line?
36. What are moment of inertia and its importance in civil engineering?
37. What is the origin of name Railway Sleepers?
38. What is BMC stands for in BMC Software?
39. Does brick grows bigger every year.
40. How did street originate in the plumbing term street ell?
41. What is the absolute pressure scale?
42. What is the difference between QA and QC?
43. How did the Romans get water up hills using aqua ducts?
44. Will Water damage concrete?
45. How do you determine Specific gravity of cement?
46. What is the meaning of a blue land surveyors flag?
47. What are advancements in civil engineering?
48. Why is the statue of liberty made of copper?
49. Are cruise ships built for the transatlantic run?
50. What is diversion tunnel in a dam?
CIVIL ENGINEERING Interview Questions
51. What distance in meters on the ground is the equivalent of one second of arc in longitude or latitude?
52. How do you maintain water pressure?
53. What are some facts about concrete?
54. Who designed the city of Washington DC?
55. Where is the worlds longest elevator and how long is it?
56. How many kilo-Newtons equals 1000 kilogram?
57. What does civil engineering mean?
58. How long does it take concrete to harden?
59. What is the biggest dam in America?
60. How does siphoning work?
61. Why was the Empire State Building made of steel?
62. What is the quantity of cement in Mix M20 concrete?
63. What is unit weight of normal concrete?
64. What is the difference between shear and tensile strength?
65. How many Pyramid in Egypt?
66. Would you cause a 55-gallon drum of water to weigh more by climbing in?
67. Who built the sears tower?
68. At what point does a circle start losing area when being flattened?
69. How do you compute volume of airflow?
70. What is made from large rocks, which protects the base of cliffs?
71. Why are the bolts that hold steel rails together in oval holes?
72. What are the materials used in building a gravity dam?
73. How many feet are in 4 square yards?
74. What black man invented the clothes dryer?
75. What is the average density of soil?
76. What glue is least sticky?
77. What are the strongest shapes in building?
78. Which architectural movement is also known as Jazz Moderna?
79. What is the withdrawal force of steel nails?
80. What is the strongest bridge for a school contest?
81. What is the formula for figuring out how many gallons of water are in a pipe by the foot?
82. What is the tensile strength of marble?
83. Did any of the Egyptian pyramids ever fall down?
84. Can a wave happen in the middle of the ocean like in the movie Poseidon 2006?
85. What materials were used to build the Golden Gate Bridge?
civil engineering interview questions for freshers,experienced
86. What is the density of most of construction materials?
87. How and where are aqueducts built?
88. What does civil status mean?
89. What are the advantages and disadvantages of lead products in construction?
90. How do you measure water flowing through 300 mm diameter pipes?
91. How do you convert wind speed into force?
92. What is kn measurement?
93. What are the advantages of building a dam on the river Nile?
94. How much does the leaning tower of Pisa lean?
95. What is the best type of wood glue?
96. What are the uses of Groynes?
97. What are the functions of a column in a building?
98. What is an ice dam sock?
99. What Tor stands for in Tor steel?
100. When was the first motorway built in England?
101. What happens to Load at yielding ?
102. What is Critical Path in Ms-Project ?
103. where will be the reinforcement of slab placed when there is an inverted beam and the bottom of the beam and slab are at same level ?
104. What is Passive earth pressure ?
105. Which condition will prevail for the design of a swimming pool ? when th e pool is empty or when it is filled ?
106. What will be the effect of over reinforcement ?
107. What is Planning ?
108. What is the comprevsive strength of Brick ?
109. What is the water absorption of first class brick ?
110. Why we provide steel in Concrete ?
111. Define Shear Force and in a structure subjected to gravity loads where will be the shear force ?
112. Which are the Steel tests ?
113. Which are the concrete Tests?
114. Initial & final setting time of concrete?
115. Brick strength is more or concrete block?
116. Why in Pakistan Bricks are used so much?
117. In a cantilever where will the steel be provided and why?
118. What is Plinth Level and Sill Level?
119. How many bricks are there in 100cft?
120. 28 days compressive strength of concrete in PSI?
121. What is slump Test?
122. How can u check the diameter of steel after the construction?
123. What is specific gravity?
124. How cracks in concrete can be avoided?
125. Types Of DPC and its Thickness used?
126. 28 Days Strength of Concrete (1:2:4)?
127. Strength of brick?
128. what is Brest Wall?
129. what is Brick crushing strength(PSI)?
130. what is Bearing Capacity,How to determine it?
131. How much is the curing time period?
132. How many types of slabs are there & how to design it?
133. How many are the types of joints?
134. Why joints are provided?
135. How many bricks are there in 100cft?
136. Types Of DPC and its Thickness used?
137. How many bricks are there in 100 cft?
138. Which are the Steel tests ?
139. How much is the cover for slab?
140. What is Packing Factor ?
141. Forces in a Shear Wall are in plane or out of plane ?
142. What is fineness modulus ? and its sieve # ?
143. What is Base Shear ?
144. What is Time period of a building and its relation with frequency ?
145. There are two buildings one taller and one shorter whose time period will be grater and similarly the frequency ?
146. Workability ?
147.Sulphate Resisting Cement ?
148. Special thing in designing a overhead reservoir ? which is different from an ordinary design
149. Maximum %age of Steel in columns and beams ?
150.Types of foundation?